[Chilliwack, BC] The second annual Barn Burner BBQ, co-presented by Johnston’s Pork and Fraser Valley Specialty Poultry is back Sunday, March 20 at the Farm Store, 4540 Simmons Rd to kick off the 2016 BBQ season.
This free-to-attend, family-friendly BBQ extravaganza is officially sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society. Donations will be accepted upon entry for Envision Financial’s Full Cupboard, which benefits the Chilliwack care and share community food bank.
The competition will witness the battle of the BBQ in four main categories: Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Chicken, and Ribs. The winning team with the highest total points in all four categories will take home their share of $5000 in prize money, along with the Barn Burner BBQ Grand Championship trophy and bragging rights.
Teams will also compete in a “Black Box” cook-off. This “Iron Chef” style competition gives these BBQ competitors a chance to show off their more creative side. They will each be presented with a black box with four mystery ingredients. Those ingredients must be incorporated into a single dish and submitted to the judges, who will award points based on originality, taste and presentation. It is sure to be a very tasty battle.
Judges confirmed for the Black Box competition include:
- John Biehler, com
- Natalie Browne, Kitchen, Uncorked
- Dallas Carlson, ValleyBuzz
- Leona Clifford, Envision Financial
- Alyssa Dawson, Novus TV
- Andrew Etsell, Singletree Winery
- Maureen Frost, Hello Vancity
- Paul Henderson, Chilliwack Times
- Debbie King, GirlWhoWouldBeKing
- Don Lehn, Chilliwack Progress
- Mijune Pak, Follow Me Foodie
- Marc Smith, 30 Day Adventures
- Andrew Von Rosen, Town Hall Brands
Chef Dez, local celebrity and cookbook author, will be returning as the emcee, while meat lovers of all ages are invited to join the festivities including a live band performance, climbing wall, face-painting and free samples of delicious BBQ meat. If the samples don’t quite fill you up, Poomba’s Smokehouse Food Truck will be on site selling even more bbq.
Photo and interview opportunities available
To schedule an interview before or during the event, please contact Kathleen Beveridge at email@example.com or 604.999.1934.
Photos from the 2015 BarnBurner BBQ: http://bit.ly/20zL3Bc
- It’s back! @BarnBurner_BBQ returns to #Chilliwack March 20 with delicious BBQ samples & festivities for all ages
- Family-friendly event returns to #Chilliwack Mar 20. Save the date for the 2nd Annual @BarnBurner_BBQ
- Pit Masters are taking over #Chilliwack Mar 20 for the 2nd Annual @BarnBurner_BBQ. Come on out & try some delicious #bbq